Tuesday, March 28, 2006

An Evening With Amratya Sen!

I went to Hotel Oberoi to hear from CEO mouth - CEO of M/s Texas Instruments. Unfortunately, there was some confusion in the function organized by The Economics Times. The organizer could not trace my registration. Many people were arguing with organizers to let them in. But I took decision to come out of that place. There is no point arguing to prove your existence in Indian scenario. There is no point. No body is going to listen. Even the young guy - boys or girls managing or involved in managing the show, have capabilities to demoralize and frustrate you. Even if you show them prited paper like as below.

We are pleased to confirm your participation in ”ETIG Knowledge Forum on Digitizing the Communication and Entertainment Era” in association with Texas Instruments at “The Oberoi Hotel” to be held on March 27th 2006.
How will the latest advances in digital technologies energize growth?How to innovate in this era? These are just few instances amid the leading sub-topics of the core session, by which he is going to shed light on the next generation of digitized Technology and its impact on Communication and Entertainment.

I was demoralized and sad. I went in analysis mode of self identification. What is my identity is? I came back. But I did not come abck home. I went to India Habitat Center with the promise to Janet to have dinner in Eotopia. Vidya remain very energetic when she advised us to make a round to Amphitheater. And there I had chance to make my evening as one of the best in the near past.

I had evening with Amratya Sen, Nobel laureate, Girish Karnad, Gulzar, Kamla das, Nandy and many more... What an evening to spend time with so many intellectuals of this country. What a present for a future writer? We had fantastic evening. We had juices, and snacks - fish fingers, fish Tikka, Shammi Kaba..... We had drinks with Amratya Sen. I got opportunity to talk to Amratya Sen in person. Great. I got opportunity to listen their discussions, their interactions, their joys and confusions. The meeting with Pakistani writer was another unique experience. She has taken my visiting card. Hope she mails me back. It will be great. Life has something in store…. Let us wait and enjoy! Posted by Picasa

No comments: