Monday, January 07, 2008

From the Year of Choice 2007 to Year of Hope 2008

Dear Friend,

Year 2007 passed as dramatic as any other 46 years of my life. If you live an adventurous and successful life, it has to be like this. But as world is becoming better place every other day, our life too are becoming beautiful, interesting and successful. And I am sure this could be true for many of us. If we are able to reminisce past, manage our present and plan our future, life remain complex but sweet, sour and adventurous.

In the history of human kind, humans have never had so much aspirations, satisfactions, frustrations and misery as we have today. As I always try, I shall make it simple. Present situation, I call it an ‘abundance of everything’. I call this era as Abundance Era.

But the main question comes to my mind, what abundance we think, live, dream, encounter and face, what is its impact on our life? Are we able to digest these abundances properly without getting diarrhea? It may not be a challenge always but from my point of view, it could be a choice. I know many of you may not agree with me at this moment but you all will accept my view sooner or later. I shall explain the reason.

Life goes on as usual. Life complexities and privileges both enhances astronomically and most of the times simultaneously. We just need few basics to set right and that too not through hard conditioned learning but unlearning. It is within reach of everyone. We all can achieve growth and success. But over and above, we all should feel honored to live in a world full of choice.

“Unlearning is Devine Dear! It’s like Moksha, when we come out of every bond, wonderful thoughts, Good collection”, writes one of my blogger admirers Ashok Sharma, an author from Lucknow.

I shall be discourteous if I do not quote USA soon in my writings whose armies are dying everyday in Iraq, Afghanistan or even Pakistan. And they are just not doing this to bring missed glory for USA; they are doing these sacrifices to bring peace, tranquility and democracy across the world. How many of you want peace, tranquility and democracy on earth and do not know what to do? I think many of my blog readers fall in that category. They have abundance of information, knowledge and even wisdom but they are lost. They do not know what is right and what is wrong. My suggestion is simple, instead of following your own governments; you just observe and follow American government for their rightness, boldness and futuristic views. Just follow America and Americans. That’s what Swami Vivekananda did and that is what now Narayana Murthy or Indira Nooyi is doing.

Growth is always a complex phenomenon of human history. As an Indians we have seen wars, rulers and governments, but we have yet to see growth. We have seen deprivation, we have heard good words which keep us happy even as deprived people, but where is growth? We need wisdom and right approach to our social, economic and political growth. And that will come at cost of pain of change. We just can not be contented and grow. I can not tell you good words and make you grow. I have to use hard words. We all have to take hard decisions. We have to make hard choices.

War may not be choice many a time but it is necessity for peace and growth. I shall quote from Hollywood movie ‘Independence’, “We will not perish without a fight. We are going to survive”. It is true for today world. We have to fight to survive. That’s why Ex Prime Minister Tony Blair said, “We may live entire life without going to war. But I did best.”

As I mentioned in my first blog of year 2007, I am happy to confirm that world has moved an inch ahead in bringing peace and growth and I am very-very hopeful and satisfied too for the years to come.

Few of the messages which kept fire within ignited in this year 2007.

Dawn and Dew (Sulekha.com) writes

“I really hate Jassi though I never watched that serial even once! But what these directors must be showing, I know very well. They would demand a girl to be the symbol of sacrifice for their enjoyment and praise the girl or women "jaisi koi nahi!" You know I was once such a girl in the whole of my family circle and they called me the same way! But I realized their hypocrisy very soon though they are respectable people. I thought in my mind "When I grow up and get the right words to express myself just let me see how my smile at their stupidity would kill their conscience!" I really swore at the height of seeing their hypocrisy. They said, "Wow such a good girl! She washes our jhutta plates without being asked or told". I was not at all pleased and felt so shy at their comments. But in stead, I felt, "Why mister, if you feel that that's such a wonderful job why don't you take pride in doing it?" Now they see a sea of change after my marriage and they go dumbstruck and awestruck at my genuine arguments. Of course I put forth politely without failing to acknowledge their many goodnesses otherwise. They are good people. But as you said they are unable to come out from the quagmire of conservatism.

We need you and your voice sir. Go ahead!”

Do I have choice?

You can always read more of dawn and dew at http://dawnanddew.sulekha.com/blog/post/2007/11/unlearn-before-you-learn.htm

And at the end of the year, I received another encouraging compliment from South Africa.

Wing Commander Rajappan writes at the fag end of this year

“Dear Wg Cdr KK Verma & family,

As the year is drawing to a close, I am sure you may be quite happy with your achievements in the past twelve months. I on my behalf and on my family's behalf extend hearty congratulations to you on your success. The reviews and comments which you are receiving stand as testimony to your popularity and the influence you wield on the intellectual community within India and abroad.

I feel proud to be your friend and consider lucky to receive snippets of wisdom from you. You have embarked on a mission to change the way people think and learn. Many a times, the learning what we received in our formative days and the values we imbibed become a hindrance to our new learning. You have tried breaking many myths and I wish you success in your future endeavors. You are the future Stephen Cove of India.

May God give wisdom, energy and the drive for bringing out many such works in future?

Your loving friend

Raja

HAPPY X MAS & HAPPY NEW YEAR”

The great year for the world which was 2007?

- India remained a strong democratic republic
- Indian growth remained intact in spite of dirty and cheap politics
- India by and large started learning few of ground realities from China
- China remained good competitor and emulator
- Pakistan moving inch by inch towards better and stable state
- Bhutto’s death may give wisdom and democracy to Muslims world
- Less bloodshed in Iraq.
- Less terrorists attack in India
- Indian Inc grew without any Institutional support
- Indian government survived
- Communist showed its dirty face in Nandigram
- China unlearning communism day after day
- Russian remains far-far away from real democracy
- Euro challenged dollar…
- Billionaires became more commoner

Indians have come a long way towards development and prosperity. This is time when Indians need not rely on perceived notions of the past. Indians can never earn glory on the past achievements. Indians will have to shape up the future. And this has to be achieved through focused effort, hard work and systematic wisdom creations. Wisdom has to be created and harnesses based on recent technological and social changes. Become bold and shape your future. That is what I do and that is what I tell others to do.

Life is full of ups and down and I am happy to witness all these as a simple Indian. I am happy to share all these with all my friends and readers across the world. It is pleasure to live life experiencing the finest.

It's my life full of events

- Got published my first book “Unlearn Before U_learn”
- My daughter played junior national squash
- I meshed up my investment because of unorganized, dangerously aspired and probably a cheater at heart person like Mr Amrendra Tripathi
- My wife completed her Post-Graduate course in medicine and recovered from bullying by her colleagues
- Received few intimate and forceful reviews of my ‘great’ (thinking) work
http://matheikal.sulekha.com/blog/post/2007/11/unlearn-before-you-learn.htm
- Joined Centre for governance with Mr Prabhat Kumar Ex-Governor.

Future remains hopeful

- Hope to have more sensible world
- Join and be the part of human growth
- Be able to undertake innovation
- Enjoy world peace
- Have part of abundance and enjoy them
- Become part of construction
- Remain enemy of destruction
- Contribute in civil governance

Life does not give too many luxuries of times to keep trying few extremes. We all have twenty four hours a day and we have to make choices to build ourselves or preserve our traditions at the cost of growth, success and peace. This is the time of true professionalism. I do not think that we should live life as a traditional keeper. God has sent us here and in 21st century to be creative and innovative.

Every individual has the power of creations. Only thing, creation demands time, space and effort. It demands resources. It is within all of us.

We all can be innovator and we all should be. The technological resources which we have at hand would be of no use if we don’t create or innovate. We have to do it. We have to unlearn old beliefs, traditions and systems. We have to come out of clutches of our wrong perceptions, belief and expectation. We have to create own path, new road, new avenue and new opportunities. It is all within us. We can do it.

Innovation is the key to growth. We have not seen the growth, success and happiness what western people have seen just because we have not been able to innovate and create. The soundness of all the happiness and prosperity depends upon creations and innovations. Unless we learn to innovate, unless we unlearn to keep following, copying and Xeroxing, we will never be able to innovate. We have to innovate to achieve our dream. We have to innovate and create to make ourselves prosperous the way we expect. And it is not difficult. It is all within us. We have to do it.

Today, wherever I go, I see, I read, I find people doing, working and propagating things, knowledge and products developed by some westerns. How far these proud Indians who feel themselves great can keep doing like these? You have to create your own. You can not keep making some westerner famous and rich. You can not keep doing and working for westerners. You have to do it for yours. You have to it within you. The New Year presents you with new resolution, new opportunities and new direction. Make it happen!!

We have very different era. Here, we are forced to do new things on daily basis. We are forced to accept new things. We are encountering new things most of the time. We are doing new things most of the time unknowingly but what I communicate that we all should do these intentionally and with full conscience.

I must thank all of you for being there for me through out year 2007. I consider you the best of the society and I hope you continue getting the best.

New year 2008 is waiting for us to create, innovate and march forward!!

Happy New Year…. Have great journey 2008!!!

Take Hard Decision in Lighter Moment!

1 comment:

kamekish said...

Every words and sentences are so true even today.