Monday, December 18, 2006

I am the Person of the Year 2006

I have been chosen as a Time magazine Person of the year on Saturday for the explosive growth and influence of user generated Internet content such as blogs, video-file sharing site YouTube and social network MySpace. I am privileged, excited and flattered.

I took premature retirement from normal government job at the peak of my career to join this bandwagon. I created blogsites. I wrote blogs. I created large number of friends on yahoo 360. I am fortunate to have 174 virtual friends on 360 and many more on other on-line sites today. They generated confidence in me. They showed purpose for my life. They brought ideas and motivated me. http://360.yahoo.com/kamekish

Based on the core issues of the theory of Unlearning, I have written a book, which is at final stage of getting published in India. However, when I wrote my book in 2005, I got first on line site lulu.com. When all the publishers in India refused to even speak to me on my project, the book is published on-line from Feb 2006 at www.lulu.com/content/231873/ . In the conclusion of this book, I have made ‘you’ as main constituent of this forthcoming growth and I feel that Time magazine has realised the power today. You are the Person of the year.

“For seizing the reins of the global media, for founding and framing the new digital democracy, for working for nothing and beating the pros at their own game, Time’s Person of the Year for 2006 is You,” the magazine Lev Grossman wrote.

How true each word is coming? Since last more than one year, I am writing blogs for nothing. I am spreading my messages without any preconceived results or expectations. I am trying to spread wisdom. Even if my relative, friends and colleagues wanted me to join a good job in some IT industry, I chose to write my views and spread democracy of knowledge and wisdom through blogs and different site. I found the power in you all. I am proud of you all.

I am thankful to the blogsite like Sulekha who made me star blogger and given me prestigious rank below 1000 and wrote my name in bloggers list. Sulekha made me featured blogger for its Current Affairs section where I wrote extensively on current burning issues. http://www.kamekish.sulekha.com . It is a great journey.

As I always feel, we need to share more information. We need to share our thinking with all like minded people to generate confidence in life. I thought, creating a group will be a good step. Yahoo provided me the option free of cost. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/iiuindia
It helped me to make me the Person of the Year 2006.

Wide Experience Pays

India is a vast country. I had been fortunate to visit all nooks and corners of this huge country in last 25 years. I have not only seen places, I have lived, experienced and analyzed. Even the book which I have written is the result of my conscious living of last 25-30 years. I feel that knowing this vast country is a challenge. I have met this challenge in the year of Information age. The technological tools have provided me instruments to steer the course of history.

I have worked on creation of godfather and wisdom domain. When, I receive different point of views, I feel that creating godfather and wisdom domain for self and for the benefit for all are coming true. The technological resources are providing us tool to achieve the tasks. Today when you and I am the person of the year, I generate more confidence to build a better and conscious society. You are the part of this consciousness.

In almost every Blog, I have written my views freely and without fear. I feel that there is no need to feel inadequate. You are power. You are the force of the coming change in society. You must feel complete. Be positive, learning or unlearning will come to you correctly. I have got continuous encouragements from my friends across the globe who made me feel that I was in a right direction.

I have written extensively with the hope that people are able to come out of daily ruts, frustrations and depressions to live and contribute for a better world. I have especially talked about seven critical factors which are making us distinct and successful in this 21st century. You have proved that they work.

How to conquer Future?

Just read the actual writings done last year by me in the book – “Unlearn Before U-learn”.

Thinking of Development without YOU!
It is next to impossible to have a development where it does not take the shape of a Mass movement. Society can never get the pleasure of development unless all the people around are not developed. ……

Slums and flats side by side will remain dangerous for humanity. We must try to find a means to replace all slums with the flat system where all the occupants have all the necessary ingredients for a prospering and developing society like clean water, clear drainage system, electricity, medical facility, telephone network and coverage, cable TV or broadband connectivity, road, nearby bus and train terminals, good schools and park in the near vicinity, good shopping complexes, good security for individuals and property and so on. It is not very difficult. When a big corporative could be established for a large section of fragmented population, these basic amenities of life through proper housing could be provided to people.

The involvements of large number of people are necessary to achieve better results. The changes are very difficult to comprehend and implement. But it is mandatory to provide basic human rights to the people……..

These changes because of compulsions will enhance the standard of life. It should never happen to the people of this era of civilization that the energetic and dynamic person has to come back to slums and stop the development of individual and society. Similarly, the rich and educated have responsibility to maintain their standard life. They should not mix richness with cheapness….. and so on….(refer book.) These chapters can also be downloaded free of cost from
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/iiuindia )

I wrote these lines in the year 2005. Today, Time magazine almost confirms these ideas. The magazine has put a mirror on the cover of its Person of the Year issue, released on Monday 18 Dec 2006, “because it literally reflects the idea that you, not us, are transforming the information age,” Editor Richard Stengel said in a statement.

I (or You) beat Tough Competitions

I beat out candidates, including Iran’s President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, China’s President Hu Jintao, North Korean leaders Kim Jong-il and James Baker, the former US secretary of state who led Washington’s bipartisan Iraq Study Group. I am proud to be better than all of the above mentioned people. Because my concepts for a better and futuristic world is more precise and clear than all of the above mentioned people. You all have confirmed to me through your writings and comments. You have made me the Person of the Year.

Time has been naming its person of the year since 1927 and the tradition has become the source of speculation every year. Now only I came to know that earlier also once, I was declared Person of the Year in 1966 when Time declared this status to the 25-and under generation. I was just five and Person of the Year.

I am happy to make lot of American female friends on my Yahoo 360. Today, I am proud to say that most of them were also declared the Person of the Year earlier. As Time declared American Women as Person of the Year in 1975. Congratulations to all of you. You all have made me proud.

Dilemmas of Developing Nation

I wrote a book after leaving my regular job. I was looking for publishers. When I found it as tough job, I moved to some on-line systems like lulu.com and 360.yahoo.com and then I found the ways to express myself. Approximately, one year passed, I have been writing regularly for many sites without any remuneration. I have not got any financial assistance to do this job. But everyday, when one or other person was benefited of my writings, felt well. I felt the purpose to carry on. One side, I worked for my book publication while on the other I spread my knowledge. At the same time, I gained extensive knowledge. It helped me to create wisdom domain for me and many others.

“It is about the many wresting power from the few and helping one another for nothing and how that will not only change the world, but also change the way world changes,” said Grossman, Time’s technology writer and book critic. That is what I felt through out my last one year of blogging. Even if I did not get sufficient encouragement from different quarters, I remained firm. I was surprised with the conservative ideas of even big thinkers of the country like Jagmohan, Arun Shorie, Medha Patkar and Congress Managers. I confronted them and found them lacking. The nation faces the music. The deprived population faces worst results of the faults of their leaders. Life is a tragedy if we do not understand properly.

“The tool that makes this possible is the world wide web,” Grossman said. “It’s a tool for bringing together the small contributions of millions of people and making them matter.” The exploitation of the modern technology was started by me with my Electronics engineering degree in 1985. Just before that, Time had declared Computer as a Person of the Year in 1982. Accepting correct tool and medium can take you long way.

Changing Scenario

“These blogs and videos bring events to the rest of us in ways that are often more immediate and authentic than traditional media,” Stengel said. How correct these facts are? Especially for the developing countries like India, where all conventional media are governed and controlled by people whose thinking is of medieval era. Blogs provide us updated information. Blogs are the good source of wisdom domain. Conventional media or even TV continuously feed people with the conservative ideas. New medium is a boon for the people who want to grow. I always give emphasis on this aspect of human needs.

Presently, I am writing for various blogsites like Sulekha, Blogger (On Human Resources concept), the details are given in my signature space.
http://www.kamekish.sulekha.com and http://www.kamekish.blogspot.com or http://www.managementlogs.com/human_capital.html

I have written broadly on human growth. You can always find my management theories on the human_capital site of blogger. It is a great experience to get the exposure of the world even though you are surrounded by developing people who want to remain developing.

The way I have lived my life with the ideas and www, Time’s declaration has confirmed my resolve for the future. I have felt it so. I have written extensively on this. You all are futuristic who do not go conventional ways and opt for this futuristic means. You all are great who do not sleep in the night to communicate to the people across the globe. You share ideas and suggestions. You carry out your businesses and professions. You achieve pleasure. You share excitements. You share intimacy and make love. You share commitments. You learn and unlearn regularly.

I feel that I am the Person of the Year like all of you.

No comments: